Recently we celebrated the Go Live of our project at Wageningen University & Research (WUR). For this project the objective was to replace Planon with ServiceNow for all the ITSM processes.
Creating a centralized entry point for all related requests, questions and forms through a Service Portal.
- Adding knowledge articles to the Service Portal so that employees and students can easily find relevant information.
- Providing a Service Catalog which creates clarity and is the basis for fulfilling requests.
- Streamlining and standardizing the flow of the requests and questions giving insight of the outstanding requests and workload.
- Creating an experience that is built around the end-user.
- Implement ServiceNow with out-of-the-box ITSM
- Helping and coaching teams understanding and improving their current ITSM set-up.
- Sharing knowledge with teams on how to work with CMDB and ServiceNow tooling via awareness sessions, hands-on work sessions, reference guides and process documentation.
- All employees and students are using the ServiceNow portal to log incidents and start a request.
- A one stop shop to find internal and external knowledge articles, order items from the catalog, report incidents, ask questions and interact with a virtual and live agent.
- Several intergrations to make the processes more efficient; for example integration for uploading location information on the WUR campus, cost centers and handling automated changes.
▶ Next steps
- Using Scrum/Agile approach to expand and improve the ITSM functionalities and processes.
- Phase two of the project will include the following functionalities:
ServiceNow Agent en Now Mobile apps
IT Operations Management - implementation of the Agent Client Collector on end-user-devices and servers
Software Asset Management
Integration with Active Directory, MS Teams and other case specific tooling